Non-Owned Automobile Insurance Coverage
Does your business have potential non-owned automobile insurance loss exposures that you are not aware of? Do you know about the potential risk your company faces that may arise from employees who operate their own personal vehicles for company business?
There are many situations that may cause you to be held legally liable for the actions of your employees while they are driving their own vehicles for business purposes which can be covered by non-owned automobile insurance.
- Do administrative employees use their own vehicles to go to the post office or bank on your company’s behalf?
- Do you occasionally send an employee to pick up a visiting client at the airport?
- Have you sent employees to pick up lunch, drop off mail or pick up office supplies?
- Have you ever rented a vehicle while on a business trip?
- Do you have a sales force to which you provide a car allowance for business use of their personal vehicles?
Basic business automobile policies only cover employees while they operate company-owned vehicles to perform company business.
Non-owned Automobile Insurance Coverage Considerations
If you or your employees ever drive vehicles not owned by your business for business purposes, then you need non-owned automobile insurance coverage.
Non-owned Automobile Insurance Coverage
Non-owned automobile insurance assumes that the vehicle is not owned, registered or contracted in your name or on your behalf and provides protection when an employee occasionally has to drive his or her personally owned vehicle for business purposes.
Hired automobile Insurance Coverage
Hired automobile insurance provides liability protection when you or an employee is driving a rented, hired or borrowed vehicle. Hired automobile coverage replaces or augments the liability and physical damage coverage offered by automobile rental agencies.
To Learn More About Non-owned Automobile Insurance Coverage Speak To An ALIGNED Insurance Advocate Or Connect With Us Today At www.alignedinsuranceinc.com