Comprehensive General Liability Insurance Brokers + Quotes Online
General Liability Insurance Insight | Also Known As ‘Comprehensive’ General Liability
Commercial General Liability Insurance (CGL) protects against liability claims for bodily injury and property damage related to your premises, operations, products, completed operations as well as advertising and personal injury liability. A few examples:
- A customer slips in your retail store and breaks their hip.
- A contractor accidentally damages the building next to the one they are working on.
- A plumber installs a new toilet that leaks and damages the contents of the room below.
Why Is Commercial General Liability So Important?
In all provinces except Quebec, common law establishes that business owners owe a duty of care to the public. Unfortunately, accidents happen and injured people or parties may allege that:
- A duty of care was owed
- That duty of care was breached
- Damages and/or injuries were incurred
If one or more of these situations apply, people, parties and/or their lawyers may allege that a business was negligent and is responsible for compensating them for their damages.
[Did you know?] A personal injury lawyer often works on a contingent basis and the injured party pays nothing up front. If the injured party receives an award or settlement from the organization alleged to be at fault, the personal injury lawyer receives payment.
General Liability Insurance – Typical Coverages
- Bodily Injury To Third Parties – Includes bodily harm, sickness, or disease, including resulting death that results from the operations of your business.
- Property Damage To Third Parties – Damage caused to property of others.
- Products Liability – The liability for bodily injury or property damage incurred by a merchant or manufacturer as a consequence of some defect in the product sold or manufactured.
- Completed Operations – Work of the insured that has been completed as called for in a contract, or work completed at a single job site under a contract involving multiple job sites, or work that has been put to its intended use.
- Tenants Legal Liability – Tenant accepts responsibility for damage they may cause to the building which they rent or lease from a landlord.
ALIGNED General Liability Insurance | 1-866-287-0448
Our advocates can help you secure the best CGL products, services and solutions for your organization.