Get Small Business General Liability Insurance Brokers + Quotes Online
Small Business General Liability Insurance Insight | Aka CGL Liability
Bodily injury and property damage related to your small business premises, operations, products, completed operations as well as advertising and personal injury liability can occur when you least expect it. In fact, small business general liability insurance is specifically designed to provide protection against liability claims for bodily injury and property damage related to your premises, operations, products, completed operations as well as advertising and personal injury liability.
Here are just a few examples of small business general liability insurance claims situations:
- A customer with mobility challenges slips in your retail store and fractures their femur bone.
- A construction worker accidentally damages the building next-door to the one they are contracted to work on.
- A licensed plumber installs a water tank that leaks and damages the contents of a neighbouring room.
Not So Small – The Many Risks Of General Liability
Common law establishes that all business owners including small business owners owe a duty of care to the public. This is the case in all Canadian provinces except Quebec. Unfortunately, accidents can and do happen to small business and injured parties or people may in turn allege that:
- A duty of care was owed
- That duty of care was breached
- Damages and/or injuries were incurred
Should one or more of the above situations apply, people, parties and/or their lawyers may allege that a small business was negligent and is thus responsible for compensating them for their damages.
[Did you know?] Personal injury lawyers often work on what’s known as a contingent basis. This means that the injured party pays nothing up front to the lawyer. Should the injured party receive an award or settlement from the small business that is alleged to be at fault, the personal injury lawyer then receives payment.
Small Business General Liability Insurance – 5 Common Coverages
- Bodily Injury To Third Parties – This includes bodily harm, sickness, or disease, including resulting death that results from the operations of your small business.
- Completed Operations – Work of the insured small business that has been completed as called for in a contract, or work completed at a single job site under a contract involving multiple job sites, or work that has been put to its intended use.
- Property Damage To Third Parties – This includes damage caused to the property of others.
- Products Liability – The liability for bodily injury or property damage incurred by a small business merchant or manufacturer as a consequence of some defect in the product sold or manufactured.
- Tenants Legal Liability – A small business tenant accepts responsibility for damage they may cause to the building which they rent or lease from a landlord.
ALIGNED Small Business General Liability Insurance | 1-866-287-0448
Across Canada, our small business insurance brokers can help ensure you have the best small business insurance, including general liability coverage. Talk to us about the best general liability insurance solutions. Uniquely within the industry, we create, negotiate and deliver the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to Canadian small business. We can help you get quotes for small business insurance and general liability coverage today. 100% Canadian owned, we serve more than 1,400 clients across the country through offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver and a national operations centre in Waterloo, Ontario.